Friday, May 23, 2008

Cheap and luxurious bathing

We all enjoy lovely long warm bubble baths- but sometimes the cost of luxury can make us feel more like paupers then princesses!
Another great hint from one of my grandmothers- (I had no idea how much I have learned from the great women in my family- and with no daughter to pass these tricks onto I must share with other women)
We all get those great little sample perfumes- but not much can be done with them- well of course other then trying them on, leaving them open to evaporate in your linen drawers, scattering the scent on your front entrance area rugs, pouring the perfume over old rose petals in a lovely container in your closet, linen closet, shoe closet or drawers-- okay other than those ideas- this is the one my rather simple farm grandmother used.
We have all used dish soap for bubbles I think- okay I have as I LOVE bubbles- but only IVORY dish soap- so you can add the Ivory for bubbles or not.
Take some simple baby oil in a cup pour in the sample perfume-mix it then pour the mixture into the tub- with or without the 'bubbles'.
Voila- instant luxury!

No comments: