Friday, May 16, 2008

Pimples and wrinkles

Oh my- what a sense of humour mother nature has! After struggling with pimples since my very early teenage years, now I have wrinkles and still get pimples. Being a tad out of date with the newest and best pimple solutions, and having a teenage son, I took to finding the best solutions for him- and then tried them on myself.
Here are a few of the products we discovered that work- with varying degrees of success ( some worked find for my son but were too drying for my dry, sensitive, wrinkle forming more mature face).
Proactive- we tried this product line with very good results- it worked well for me as well- but not as well as I would of liked. However the one all star product they have that works very well on my pimples and my sons' larger, deeper more serious 'spots'....Proactive Refining Mask should be one everyone's shelf for those unexpected little blemishes. They miraculously seem to disappear while you sleep!
While this line worked well I wanted to try out a new line by one of my favorite skin care companies ( we will discuss those products in a separate blog) Obagihas come out with a wonderful new line for acne called clenziderm M.D., This three step system has almost completely cleared up my son's skin (I don't use the system as I just need help for some individual spots) his skin looks great (granted I was finally able to get him to go on a oral antibiotic).This new Obagi line- in my opinion is better then Proactive, not as drying, and very easy to use- and it works.
For back problems, due to cost and ease we have found something very simple works- hand sanitizer! An idea from my mom and works very well on large areas that are not as sensitive as the face.
I absolutely love this product PeterThomasRoth- AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel- this is terrific, a little rub on your spot areas, is clear (unlike the proactive white mask) and voila- pimple be gone! It does not seem to extra drying and is good for my sensitive, mature skin.
That seems to be it for the control of those pesky little blemishes we still get (thanks son for letting me sample your products).... next I will chat about some of the fine skin care products for mature, sensitive, thin skin.
Have a great day, and enjoy the wonderful stage of life you are now in!

No comments: