Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Posture

This was a pet peeve of both of my mothers'. When I was at the awkward teenage years,when the 'rosebuds' where starting to bud I would curl my shoulders forward to hide the upcoming flowering.
My mom- whichever one was handy- would push me against the wall, push my shoulders back and press in on my stomach-" stand tall- shoulders back- tummy in!"
It certainly annoyed me at the time, but I see so many folks young and old who do not walk with a presence, confidence. Often I see well dressed, groomed people who schuffle, slouch and generally do not give off the impression they are happy, confident and enjoying life.
It is easy to every day stand tall, walk with presence and pride. As one of my grandmothers' used to say- "You are not dressed if you have not put on your smile" the same goes for good posture, a smile and standing tall are the two least expensive- actually free- items that you can put on everyday!

No comments: